THE PROGRAM IS NOW AVAILABLE!*
Download the ICPR AEM QIEM 2018 Conference Program (Final. Last updated: July 24th 2018)
*Last minute changes still possible.
Conference proceedings indexed as follows
|2011, 2014, 2016 – Clarivate Analytics Web of Science|
|2012 – Elsevier Scopus|
|2016 – Google Scholar|
Organized by the International Foundation for Production Research and the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania, the conference intends to take advantage of combining two scientific events coming from emergent and complementary domains, namely production, quality and innovation engineering and management, in creating an environment highly simulative for exchange of valuable opinions and contributions by academia and industry.
Vision & topics
ICPR-AEM & QIEM 2018 is a traditional regional conference that facilitates the meeting of recognized and young researchers. This year, the proposed vision is:
Viable solutions for today’s industrial production integrating a breakthrough vision for a digital sustainable future
The submitted papers are encouraged to address particularly, but not exclusively, the following topics:
- Digitalization and virtualization from industry towards daily life;
- Smart products and production in smart cities and ecosystems;
- Advanced manufacturing: technologies and solutions for production;
- Robotics and AI from emerging reality to production assets;
- From IoT through IoE to a connected world: developments, benefits and risks;
- Innovation as the main competitive engine in production engineering and management;
- Product and production quality: more flexible, customized and faster to a dynamic market;
- Servitization and extended product business models;
- Data and analytics sustaining intelligent decision-making in uncertainty conditions;
- Cleaner, safer and sustainable solutions for products and processes;
- Entrepreneurship for innovative products and production;
- Delivering skills for people in a fast-changing industrial environment.
Papers will be peer-reviewed and the proceedings will be published in electronic format. An author must be registered for presentation. One author can have a maximum of two papers included in the conference.
Accepted papers will be published in 2018 in regular or special issues of the journal ACTA TECHNICA NAPOCENSIS – Series: APPLIED MATHEMATICS, MECHANICS, and ENGINEERING (https://atna-mam.utcluj.ro/index.php/Acta) which is indexed in Clarivate Analytics Emerging Sources Citation Index and OCLC WorldCat. See the conference website for information regarding the indexing of previous editions.
Important dates (firm final deadlines)
|Submission of full papers||July 5, 2018|
|Acceptance notification of papers*||July 11, 2018|
|Submission of camera-ready version for all papers||July 17, 2018|
* Already submitted papers will be notified as soon as the peer review process is complete
|Conference participants||250 €|
|PhD student||100 €|
The fees include: electronic proceedings, welcome package, coffee breaks, lunches, gala dinner & the social program.
The social program will take place Friday, July 27, and will include a day-trip to Alba-Iulia citadel and related attractions (all tickets, guide and transportation included, meals not included). Participation should be announced at registration.
Payment information is available online and payment before arriving at the conference is highly encouraged.
The event venue is Grand Hotel Italia Cluj-Napoca which offers special prices for the conference participants (ask when making the reservation).